Incoming New 6th Grade Orientation
Where: M.S. 101 – Auditorium
Date: Thursday, June 11, 2015
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Congratulations on your acceptance into M.S. 101-The Edward R. Byrne School. We are happy that you and your child will be a part of the M.S. 101 family.
To be better prepared for September 2015, I am requesting the presence of all parents and students at our 6th Grade Orientation Meeting on Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 5:00 pm in the school auditorium. You will receive a supply list, a uniform letter, an immunization information letter, as well as a summer packet. Please plan to stay for our PTA following the orientation at 7:00pm in our auditorium.
If you cannot attend this mandatory orientation meeting, please contact
Mr. Rosoff @ (718) 829-6372.
End of Year Important Dates to Remember
- 1st – Volleyball Tournament Afterschool (7th Grade)
- 8th – So You Think You Have Talent Show - Auditorium
- 10th – NYRR Japan Day, Central Park (Track Team)
- 11th – Field Day (6th Grade)
- 11th – Middle School Development Meet, Macombs Dam Stadium (Track Team)
- 12th – Science MOSL (All Grades)
- 13th – Social Studies (All Grades)
- 14th – Field Day (7th & 8th Grades)
- 15th – ELA MOSL (All Grades)
- 15th - Student Vs. Teacher Basketball Game (6th, 7th, & 8th Periods)
- 18th – Field Day RAIN DATE
- 19th – Chuck E. Cheese Trip (6th Grade)
- 20th, 21st & 22nd – ILSE Performance (7th Grade G&T and 8th Grades Non G&T)
- 25th – NO SCHOOL Memorial Day
- 27th – DRP (All Grades)
- 27th - Mighty Milers Fun Run, Icahn Stadium (Track Team)
- 30th – Youth Running Series, City Championship Meet, Icahn Stadium (Track Team)
- 1st – ILSE Written - (7th Grade G&T and 8th Grades Non G&T)
- 1st - Trip to the movies (6th Grade)
- 2nd – English Language Arts Common Core Regents 9am (8th Grade G&T)
- 3rd – Senior Prom Tosca Marquee - 6:30pm-11:00pm (8th Grade)
- 4th – NO SCHOOL for students
- 5th – Spirit Cruise (7th Grade)
- 5th – Earth Science Performance Regents (8th Grade)
- 5th – 3rd Annual Showcase of the Arts – 6pm
- 8th - Trip to the movies (7th Grade)
- 9th – Half Day of School – Dismissal 11:21am
- 9th – NJHS Induction Ceremony – 6pm (7th & 8th Grades)
- 10th - Carnival
- 12th – MSQI Debate Championship Columbia University (Debate Team)
- 15th – Half Day of School – Dismissal 11:21am
- 15th – Senior Awards Night – Eastwood Manor 6pm (8th Grade)
- 16th – Young Runners Championship, Icahn Stadium, Randall’s Island (Track Team)
- 17th – Algebra I Common Core Regents – 1pm (8th Grade G&T)
- 18th – English Comprehensive Regents – 1pm (8th Grade G&T)
- 19th – Earth Science Regents – 9am (8th Grade)
- 22nd – Spanish Proficiency – 9am (8th Grade)
- 22nd – Graduation at Lehman High School 6:30pm Sharp! (Graduates arrive at 6:00pm)
- 23th – Rye Playland Trip (8th grade)
- 26th – Last Day of School – Half Day – Dismissal 11:21am
Wednesday, May 6th is
Parent-Teacher Conferences from 5:30pm – 8:00pm.
5:30pm – 7:00pm teachers will present their
curriculum workshops – list of workshops to follow.
7:00pm – 8:00pm teachers will be in their
classrooms for individual parent meetings.
May 6th is a regular day of school with dismissal at 2:30pm.
If you have any questions, please email Mr. Rosoff at firstname.lastname@example.org